Top 15 Healthy Benefits of Having Watermelon
By the name of the food, it starts with water. Watermelon is such a fruit that contains 92% water.
And the rest part is sugar. In summer days, it’s a favorite fruit for many people. Some of them like to have it raw, and some of them drink it as a cold juice.
There are many types of watermelon available in the market. Among them some are whitish some are reddish.
1) Makes You Hydrate
Before to taste Watermelon’ let’s see what benefits are waiting for your good health-
- Watermelon is a refreshing fruit full of vitamins.
- It contains vitamin C, vitamin A, and many healthy compounds. Don’t worry; the fruit is a low-calorie food.
- Drinking adequate water is necessary for health. The quantity of water in watermelon is enormous. So it helps to hydrate the body and also to cool.
- Watermelon is not only water; it’s a combination of water and fiber that supports to fill low-calorie food.
2) Keep Your Heart Strong
- Heart disease is a massive problem in the present world. Cholesterol and blood pressure are supposed to be the leading cause of sudden heart attacks.
- A chemical named Lycopene assist to low these in a noticeable percentage. The compound can reduce oxidative damage also.
- Watermelon contains citrulline, an amino acid. The acid helps your body to expand blood vessels and increase the level of nitric oxide.
- Other vitamins like A, B6, C, and magnesium and potassium works as a right hand for your health.
3) Nutrients And Beneficial Compounds Contain
Among all the light-weighted fruit, watermelon is the lowest in calories, i.e., 46 cal in 150 grams.
That’s low from a berry too. Besides this, many other important compounds are in it. Let’s see what’s it-
- Vitamin C- 21% Of Daily Intake Quantity (DIQ)
- Vitamin A- 18% Of DIQ
- Vitamins B1, B5 And B6- 3% of DIQ
- Potassium- 5% of DIQ
- Magnesium- 4% of DIQ
Watermelon has a high quantity of carotenoids that includes beta- carotene and lycopene.
Also, it contains citrulline, an amino acid. It helps as an antioxidant over your body, Works as a preventer of cell damage from free radicals.
4) Sharp Your Eye Sights
- Being a good source of vitamin A, watermelon helps to produce pigments in the retina of the eye.
- The retina works as a camera and protects all age-related macular degeneration of the eye.
- Antioxidants are essential for good vision as it protects against free radicals.
- Radicals are a cause of deterioration of eye lens.
So to maintain our eyesight, eating watermelon is compulsory. Vitamin A is also suitable for skin, teeth, and immune system.
5) Cancer Preventer
- Watermelon reduces the tendency of cancer.
- Not believable? Yea, it’s true. And the credit goes to Lycopene.
- According to research, it has been noticed that lycopene reduces the extent of the cancer insurgence.
- It works as a pigment rendering and powerful antioxidant. Also, it prevents the beginning of certain cancer.
6) Pregnancy Assistance
- Watermelon makes heartbeat easy. That is a common condition during pregnancy.
- It also helps to avoid morning sickness and urinary tract infection too.
- The minerals of watermelon help to prevent muscle cramps. All pregnant woman needs to drink plenty of water.
- It controls the dehydration of this vital time.
7) Works As Remedy Of Skin And Hair
- In this world, pollution is increasing day by day. As a result, it damages your hair and skin also.
- Two vitamins, A and C, present in watermelon, works as medicine of healthy hair and smooth skin.
- To make your body collaged, you may use watermelon that reduces the problem of inflammation in hot summer days.
- Lycopene and beta-carotene are the primary nutrients to protect your hair.
8 Relieve Your Mental Stress
- The presence of Vitamin B6 in watermelon, it acts as a magic wand to relieve your stress.
- B6 helps to balance hormones that freshen your mood-swing and calming the nerves too.
9) Good For Weight Loss
- Another interesting topic in watermelon is it aids healthy weight loss too.
- Containing the highest water quantity and low fiber, it can fill up your fewer calories.
- Presenting in watermelon Citrulline, an amino acid prevents the excess accumulation of fat in fat cells.
- It is an asset for your kidney too. Water increases your metabolism and flushes out toxins and fats also that eventually help to lose weight.
10) Keep Well Your Digestion System
- To keep a better digestion system, it’s beneficial to clear out the intestine.
- Watermelon has a lot of water and fiber, so water helps to digest food and vegetables too.
- It clears your stool in the way of the digestive system.
- Watermelon is beneficial in boosting normal intestines activities.
11) Increases The Athletic Power
- Being the fruit, a good source of citrulline, an alpha-amino acid, cooperates to enhance the utilization of essential amino acids in the time of exercise and blood flow.
- You must use muscle pain, releasing watermelon as your daily workout routine.
- It balances the growth hormones and power of your muscles.
12) Good Immunity Assistance
- A daily dose of vitamin C supports your overall frame.
- Are you in doubt? No way, watermelon has 16% day’s requirement of a serving container.
- Vitamin C is one of the lightest and most effective immune ingredients for your health. It works as a good nutrient.
13) Comforts Asthma Patience
- Again lycopene, yes, being one of the vital antioxidants in watermelon, helps to ease the cold and infection problem of asthma. It’s useful for Children also.
- Watermelon is helpful in getting the breath properly as it the main problem of this disease.
- It is showed that lycopene has a therapeutic effect on asthma patient.
- Adequate intake of Vitamin A and lycopene can cure the patient goodly.
14) Raise Sexual Power
- Citrulline, an amino acid in amino acid in watermelon, relaxes and dilates your body vessels.
- It aids erection dysfunction. Watermelon acts as a natural Viagra.
- Yes, regular intake of watermelon increases the physical power of both males and females.
- Ingredients of the fruit, especially phytonutrients, reacts as a trigger of the human body during intimation.
15) Enhance The Power Of Gums
- Presence of vitamin C, the watermelon keeps the capillaries and gums thoroughly.
- The deficiency of vitamin C occurs in bleeding problems and inflammation also.
- Gum holds teeth. Healthy and white teeth work like an asset for your health.
- Vitamin C kills the germs and bacteria from gum diseases and infections.
- Watermelon prevents the gum from all unwanted conditions of teeth and mouth.
Then what are you thinking? An easily available, low pricing fruit has so many qualities that can’t imaginable.
Even the seeds are also helpful for our health. Just grab and take all the profit from watery watermelon!
By– DCW Staff